Thursday 10 June 2010

Two Days In...

So, it's Thursday lunchtime and I thought I'd share what I've been up to so far.

I decided that although I do have a beginner's guitar book to work through (which contains a load of chords that I'll need to learn), I'd rather dive straight in at the deep end and try to play some familiar songs.
I tried to choose songs that I liked, that didn't sound too hard, and that had a bit of variety. I also discovered that the songs I chose require completely different tuning - so I got a taste for tuning my guitar too.
I will confess now that I snapped a string doing so...all part of the learning process I figure! So if you happen to do the same, don't worry, you aren't alone! I had to buy a new set of strings and figure out how to replace the one I snapped, but luckily due to a courier error (I recieved somone else's mic stand with my guitar) I am owed two free packs of strings, so it's not all bad. ; )

I've got quite a bit to talk about, so I'm going to try to break it up into digestable chunks and as seperate posts. I'll be covering the following list of topics (in no particular order), so feel free to skip any posts that don't interest you. I'll turn these into links as I write the posts too, so you don't have to search for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment